What is Data Pump Export
Data Pump export is a new feature in Oracle 10g and provides enhanced functionality for the Export Utility (exp) available in previous version. The new Data Pump export provides improved features and better performance. Data pump utility is useful when you need to clone a database, refresh the development database or move the databases between different operating systems. Another big advantage is the network export feature, using which you can export the data to the target server directly using data filters and metadata filters; without having to create the dump files.
Data Pump Export basics
The Data Pump export utility can be invoked via two methods:
- By using the expdp command from the command prompt
- By using “Export to Export Files” under data movement section of the OEM.
The characteristic of the export operation is determined by the export parameters that you specify. These parameters can be specified either on the command line or in a parameter file.
Data Pump Export modes
There are 4 export modes available in the data pump.
- Database – Export the entire database
- Schemas – You can selectively export the required schema rather everything
- Tables – If you are looking to restore few sets of tables
- Tablespace – this option is same like Tables export but exports all of the tables from any tablespace. Continue reading
How to overwrite the destination dump file if it exists during datapump export?
We can overwrite the existing destination dump file using new 11g datapump export parameter REUSE_DUMPFILES (default (N) )
–> The dumpfile “scott.dmp” is already exists in the destination path.
$ expdp scott/tiger directory=dir dumpfile=scott.dmp logfile=scott.log tables=emp
Export: Release 22.214.171.124.0 – 64bit Production on Monday, 30 March, 2009 4:23:40
Copyright (c) 2003, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 126.96.36.199.0 – 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP, Data Mining
and Real Application Testing options
ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-39000: bad dump file specification
ORA-31641: unable to create dump file “/tmp/scott.dmp”
ORA-27038: created file already exists
Additional information: 1
I want to do an export with the data pump :
expdp ogtest/ogtest@devseam DIRECTORY=dpump_ogtest DUMPFILE=expfull_ogtest.dmp FULL=y NOLOGFILE=y
Export: Release 10.2.0.3.0 – Production on Monday, 03 March, 2008 13:25:39 Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 – Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-29283: invalid file operation
ORA-06512: at “SYS.UTL_FILE”, line 475
ORA-29283: invalid file operation
Sometimes I get the error: error 13: persmission denied…
the solution is :
Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3 offers a common application architecture that includes the following:
- A set of integrated technology framework that provides a solutions-oriented starting point for addressing your project needs
- A unified, simplified management architecture empowering developers and administrators to realize business objectives in an environment that is populated with distributed, heterogeneous technologies and platforms
- A highly-reliable, available, scalable, extensible, standards-based and high-performing foundation—WebLogic Server—that allows you to have flexibility in your IT solutions
You are an application server administrator in Dizzyworld Corporation. You will install and configure the Oracle WebLogic Server for your enterprise setup. By using Oracle WebLogic Server, you can deploy, execute, and maintain highly integrated and reliable enterprise applications. Oracle WebLogic Server increases productivity and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for enterprise setups by providing a unified, simplified, extensible platform for system administrators and management.
I am facing a problem installing 11GC on Windows XP SP3. The installer will not get past “Step 12 – Agent Configuration Assistant” – it shows as FAILED. see figure below :